This is one of my favorite cookies. Sometimes I add some of the lemonade powder to the cookie dough and add more to the powdered sugar to make them very lemony.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl, cream together: sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla and salt.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Add 1 Tbsp of water and continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light brown.
- While cookies bake combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade powder in a large ziploc bag and shake to mix.
- Remove cookies from the oven and put them in the ziploc bag while they are still hot, shake until all cookies are coated.