Recipe by amandafl
Received recipe from a recipe swap
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Had to dig to find the ol' cookie press (something I haven't used for a long, long time!) & finally located it, so was able to use it here! Absolutely enjoyed making these & had them out for a monthly group I host! Most satisfying, & a number of us really appreciated the TASTE OF LEMON in these! Thanks for sharing this great treat with us (I shared the recipe with my guests, too)! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon yellow decorator sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, oil, and sugar.
- Beat in the egg, egg white, lemonade concentrate, and lemon peel.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually add to the egg mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice-press dough 2 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with yellow sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.