Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in our local Sunday paper insert USA Weekend. Serve with Wine-Marinated Strawberries.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 177.44 ml confectioners' sugar, divided
- 4.92 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 118.29 ml softened butter
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, 1/4 C confectioner's sugar, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Add the butter and vanilla; beat until ingredients form a dough.
- Drop dough by generous teaspoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake on middle rack of oven until bottoms of cookies are lightly brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Place the remaining 1/2 C confectioner's sugar into a zippered plastic bag. Drop a dozen cookies at a time into the sugar and shake to coat.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.