Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that was shared with me by a friend of mine who is known for her cooking. It is a great summer drink that Iis light and very refreshing. It is elegant enough to be served at bridal showers yet great for less formal occasions as well. Particularly ideal when you are looking for a drink that is not red for a kids party.
- 1 gallon water, cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (not the artificial flavoring)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons citric acid (powder form)
- Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- This drink tastes best cold so chill until serving.
- Serve over ice with a slice of lemon for the garnish.
- Make sure you do not leave out the citric acid. This gives this drink some tartness. You can usually find it at health food stores.
I cut this recipe by 2/3 to make it as a test run before going whole hog & making it during the winter holidays for a gathering ~ Well worth the test, 'cause this is AN EASY-TO-MAKE, TASTY DRINK! I can see it now as a holiday drink with a handful of lemon slices & fresh cranberries floating in the punch bowl! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Lemon theme in My-3-Chefs]