Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
A lemon cookie that is more mindful of a high protein intake. The recipe comes from the Intermountain End-Stage Renal Disease Network.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 1 large eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 scoops protein powder (natural or vanilla flavored)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Stir flour and baking soda together in a small bowl.
- Add to creamed mixture. Beat In lemon juice.
- Drop by tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheet (insulated works best, or try laying down parchment paper on the cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minute or until light golden brown. Cool for 1-minute on the sheet, and then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl, beat powdered sugar, water, protein powder, and lemon extract until smooth. Spread on cooled cookies.
Good idea, but tastes horrible. Maybe it was the kind of protein, but you will need to specify if it is whey or what. I used only two scoops of vanilla flavored protein but it was still too much.