Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
I first tasted these cookies at a friend's house and could not believe they were made with raw foods and in a dehydrator. They're delicious and are a very healthy snack or, she even eats them for breakfast! What?! Cookies for breakfast? Oh yeah, I'm in! :) I haven't made these myself, as I need to buy a new dehydrator, but I don't want to lose this recipe. Plan ahead for time to soak the cashews.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for about 4 hours
- 2 lemons, juice from
- 1⁄2 banana, ripe
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups shredded coconut (dried, unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Place all ingredients into food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon cookies out (about 1 1/2 T. each) onto mesh dehydrator sheets.
- Leave as-is or you can flatten them out, to about 1/2 inch thick, for faster drying.
- Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 8-10 hours or until the texture you desire is reached.