Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
a good layer mix to have on hand or give as gifts I use Country Time, but you might have your own favorite...
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened lemonade drink mix
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
LEMON FROSTING MIX
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons sweetened lemonade drink mix
- TO MAKE THE LEMON COOKIE MIX:.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Blend with whisk.
- Place approximately 1 1/3 cups dry mix into 4 quart size zipper bags.
- TO MAKE LEMON FROSTING MIX:.
- Combine ingredients and blend with a whisk.
- Place 1/2 cup mix each into 4 sandwich bags.
- Push all dry mix to one corner of a bag and secure with rubber band.
- Add a card that says "LEMON FROSTING MIX".
- Attach frosting bag to bag of cookie mix bag.
- THESE ARE INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE FROSTED LEMON COOKIES:.
- 1 bag of Lemon Cookie Mix.
- 1 large egg, beaten.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla.
- 1 stick real butter, room temperature.
- Place mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Place frosting mix into a small bowl. Add 1 1/2 tsp water and blend until creamy.
- Frost cooled cookies.