Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great tasting lemony fresh cookie for any day, any time! Note: Cooking time is refrigeration time!
Make and share this Lemon Cookies Iv recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the lemon rind and juice.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Shape the dough into a smooth ball, wrap it in wax paper and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- The dough will be quite hard when it comes out of the refrigerator.
- Cut it into quarters and roll each quarter between pieces of wax paper until very thin.
- Cut with a cookie cutter and sprinkle with coloured sugar, if desired.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the cookies start to become golden around the edges.
- Cool on racks and store in an air-tight container.