3 hrs 20 mins
Great tasting lemony fresh cookie for any day, any time! Note: Cooking time is refrigeration time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- 2Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat in the egg.
- 4Stir in the lemon rind and juice.
- 5Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- 6Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- 7Shape the dough into a smooth ball, wrap it in wax paper and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- 8Lightly grease baking sheets.
- 9Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 10The dough will be quite hard when it comes out of the refrigerator.
- 11Cut it into quarters and roll each quarter between pieces of wax paper until very thin.
- 12Cut with a cookie cutter and sprinkle with coloured sugar, if desired.
- 13Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the cookies start to become golden around the edges.
- 14Cool on racks and store in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cookies Iv
Serving Size: 1 (1104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 24.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g