Recipe by Kim127
I made this at Christmas last year and they were a big hit, especially with me and my mom. The frosting is a must.
Top Review by Kree
These cookies are delicious! I didn't have any parchment paper, so I baked them on greased cookie sheets, and they still turned out moist and puffy! They were great even without the frosting, although I agree that it's a must, because with it they were spectacular! I think this will become a new family favorite!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend the white sugar and shortening until light.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and 1 teaspoon lemon extract.
- Mix until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture.
- Mix until combined (the dough will be sticky).
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on cooling rack.
- To make icing: combine the confectioner's sugar, water and lemon extract to taste.
- Beat until smooth and make icing thick enough to spread on cooled cookies (add more sugar if needed).