Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A new take on sugar cookies
Make and share this Lemon Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large lemons, zested
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add lemon zest, egg, vanilla and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients.
- Form into one tablespoon balls and roll in sugar.
- Place dough balls onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet before removing.