Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Have a cup of tea with these delicious little morsels of lemony goodness, put on some music and relax. From the "South Beach Diet Cookbook". No cake flour in the house? No problem! Check out "Cake Flour Substitute". It workes like a charm, no need to run out to get cake flour.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cake flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup trans free margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a food processor combine the flour, sugar substitute, 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar, lemon peel and baking powder.
- Add the margarine and pulse on and off until coarse crumbs form.
- Add the egg and lemon juice and process just until a dough forms.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour, or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls and place them one inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and dust them with the 1 tbsp confectioner's sugar.
- Cool on a rack.