Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I invented this recipe just after my 14th birthday. I made them for my dad because he loves lemon desserts. If you really love lemon flavor, I advise you add more lemon extract because the flavor bakes out rather than in. The extra teaspoon of milk is only if you want thinner dough, but I usually omit the milk.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon milk, only if needed
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and gradually add to butter mixture.
- Mix in lemon extract, juice, and optional zest.
- Stir in milk if needed.
- Bake on baking sheets lightly coated with nonstick spray for 9-11 minutes (do not overbake).
- Allow to cool on wire racks for about 5 minutes.
Very simple recipe. Love the crispy golden brown edges and the soft chewy center!