1/6 Photos of Lemon Cookie Tarts
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (lemon pie filling, mousse or any kind of pie filling)
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk (use only if the filling is to thick) (optional)
- 1In food processor pulse sugar, powdered sugar and butter till creamy. Can be done with electric beaters as well.
- 2Mix rest of ingredients except lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk, mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- 3Chill 15 minutes wrapped in plastic wrap.
- 4Spray mini muffin tins with Pam.
- 5Measure 1 Tbsp of dough.
- 6Roll into ball place one in each hole of mini tart pan.
- 7Using your thumb make a centre with the dough making sure that the dough in uniform size all around and not to thin on the top.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 9 minutes or until dough is slightly firm but not set. They may close up during cooking.
- 9Remove tart shells from oven working quickly and using the back of a rounded 1/2 tsp measuring spoon gently press a shallow indentation in each shell. (Don't let them cool or it will be harder to get them to form a shell).
- 10Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until edges of shells are firm and golden.
- 11Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 12Carefully remove from pan and transfer to cooling rack, if they need more shaping you can do that now.
- 13Cool completely before filling. Can be made to this point and frozen (but thaw to room temp before filling).
- 14For the filling mix together purchased or homemade lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk.
- 15Put a small amount of powdered sugar in a sieve and shake a little on the top of each tart, garnish with a long piece of lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cookie Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 50.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: