Recipe by Debbb
I purchased some mini-tart shells from a school fundraiser but didn't know what to do with them. But, I found this little gem in a Canadian Living Christmas Special magazine from 1982. They are really good on their own but a generous dollop of real whipped cream takes them over the top!! Very easy to make, too!
Top Review by rohanlori
These were even better than I expected them to be! I doubled the recipe and used mini filo dough tart shells--this made about 75 tiny tarts. I tented the tarts with foil for part of the baking time because I was unsure if the filo dough shells would hold up well in the oven for the full 20 minute cooking time. I also topped the tarts with "Never Weep" Whipped Cream Recipe #74805 and toasted coconut. Very impressive looking with a taste to match. I made these for a bridal shower and would definitely take them to any such occasion, thanks!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened coconut
- 32 miniature tart shells
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine sugar & flour.
- Beat in eggs, lemon peel & juice by hand.
- Divide the coconut among the tart shells (approximately 1 teaspoons each).
- Pour lemon mixture over top of coconut.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool before serving.