Recipe by JustJanS
I love these no bake Lemon Coconut Squares, as I love anything with lemon in it. They are really popular in Australia and you often get them at morning and afternoon teas.
Top Review by Kannwilson
I made this for a meeting I went to since I'm dieting and didn't want to eat the whole thing! It was a hit! Everyone loved it, including me who had a little more than I should have. I didn't know what a lamington pan though. Since I was taking it to work, I just spread it out into a plastic Rubbermaid dish I had that was about 11x7. It worked out well. I found the arrowroot biscuits in the baby food section of the grocery store.
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces butter
- 8 ounces milk arrowroot biscuits, finely crushed (a plain sweet cookie)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 3⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Put condensed milk and butter in a small pan, stir over gentle heat until butter has melted and mixture is combined.
- Add lemon rind and coconut to biscuit crumbs, mix well.
- Add butter and milk mixture to crumb mixture, mix together well with your hands.
- Press into a greased lamington tray (11in x 7in).
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Ice with lemon icing, sprinkle with coconut.
- When the icing has set, cut into squares.
- Lemon Icing: Combine sifted icing sugar, lemon juice and soft butter in a bowl.
- Mix well to make a smooth icing.