Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found online; sounds very good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until well mixed. Pour over crust; sprinkle coconut evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
These are decadent and indulgent, and I decadently indulged in about a quarter of the pan! The coconut and lemon flavors mix very well together and are fun and bright for summer. I made these gluten free by using rice flour. I gave the rest as a gift to our vet for taking such great care of our puppy, and he said everyone in the office loved them! Thank you for posting! Reviewed for ZWT - 7.
These were really good and really easy to whip up. Made as directed but halved the recipe and baked in an 8x8" pan. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Some of the nicest lemon squares I have made and my family LOVED the coconut as an added element too! I increased the lemon as we are all lemon lovers! Merci! Made it whilst back in the UK on holiday, sorry for being late! Made for Recipe Swap in OZ/NZ forum.