Recipe by Marie
This looks like a wonderful variation on rice pudding made easy with packaged lemon pie filling. Haven't made it yet so I am guessing at the number of servings.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pudding mix and sugar together in a small pan and gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter, rice, coconut and vanilla.
- Lastly add egg yolks and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into cooled pudding.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake at 350° for 50 minutes.