1/3 Photos of Lemon Coconut Pound Cake (Vegan)
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
This recipe originated with Lara Adler. She is Vegan and often makes food without eggs, or dairy. It has no cholesterol in it which is my kinda recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup tofu (use Mori-nu silken tofu firm style-I blended it before mixing it with the wet ingredients)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (or 1/4 tsp. lemon essential oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 2 cups flour (I used white spelt)
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 325'F.
- 2Oil and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- 3Take a cup of the silken tofu and blend it until smooth.
- 4In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, blend the smooth tofu, coconut milk, sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon extract (and the coconut if using) until completely smooth.
- 5In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Fold the wet into the dry using a spoon (I used a spatula) and mix until just combined. Then using a hand mixer on low mix for 15-20 seconds, just to remove the lumps -- do not over mix!
- 6Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- 7Bake for 60-70 minutes until a skewer comes out clean in the center.
- 8Let cool in the pan about 10 minutes before removing. Then cool completely on a wire rack before slicing -- it will fall apart if you don't.
- 9Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Coconut Pound Cake (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 247.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g