Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Avacado fulfills the need for oil in this scrumptious recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup avocado (pureed)
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (about one lemon)
- 3⁄4 cup whole barley flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients, taking care not to over-mix.
- Pour into 6 lined muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
I knew that the lemon/coconut was going to be good...and these didn't disappoint. To me they're kind of a cross between a cupcake and a muffin flavour wise, with a hearty muffin texture from the coconut. I had to sub the barley flour for spelt this time, worked out fine. I got 7 medium sized muffins from this. Nuts would be good in these too. Thanks for a great recipe!