carrie sheridan's Note:
1 large egg white 1/8 tsp salt 3/4 c sweetened condensed milk 1 tb lemon zest 1/2 tsp lemon extract 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 14 oz shredded, sweetened coconut, finely chopped 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white and salt for about 2 minutes until frothy.
- 4Stir in the condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon and vanilla extracts.
- 5Using a rubber spatula, fold in the coconut until well combined.
- 6Using a small spring-loaded scoop and your hands, shape the mixture into 1-1/2 inch mounds.
- 7Place the macaroons about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- 8Bake until lightly brown, about 20 minutes.
- 9Transfer the macaroons to wire racks and let cool.
- 10Can broil briefly to toast browner.
- 11Can drizzle melted chocolate over the tops.
- 12Can top with a candied cherry.
- 13Read more at: http://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2?oc=linkback.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Coconut Macaroons from Paula Deen (Drizzle With Chocolate)
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 221.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g