Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
1 large egg white 1/8 tsp salt 3/4 c sweetened condensed milk 1 tb lemon zest 1/2 tsp lemon extract 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 14 oz shredded, sweetened coconut, finely chopped 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white and salt for about 2 minutes until frothy.
- Stir in the condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon and vanilla extracts.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the coconut until well combined.
- Using a small spring-loaded scoop and your hands, shape the mixture into 1-1/2 inch mounds.
- Place the macaroons about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the macaroons to wire racks and let cool.
- Can broil briefly to toast browner.
- Can drizzle melted chocolate over the tops.
- Can top with a candied cherry.
- Read more at: http://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2?oc=linkback.