Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love both coconut and lemon! This is from Quick Cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream together butter, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each adition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in the coconut and lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; brush over loaf.