Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tangy lemon cookie that has chewy coconut to make a good cookie for snack time or lunch.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 3 lemons (juice and zest)
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml quick oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Juice and zest lemons then set aside in separate bowls
- In a large mixing bowl place butter and sugar together and let butter soften then cream both ingredients together until nice and smooth
- Add lemon juice and zest slowly to creamed mixture and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the butter (there will be remaining juice not absorbed)
- Mix coconut in with creamed mixture until coconut is all mixed in with butter and sugar.
- Add dry ingredients slowly to the mixture and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed and cookie dough can be dropped by a spoon on a cookie sheet.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes depending on doneness and then remove from oven and wait for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.