Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside- the lemon flavor adds a new twist to the popular Snickerdoodles.This is from the Land O Lakes cookie book.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Combine all ingredients. Beat at low speed until well mixed, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Oh, these are SERIOUSLY good cookies! Crispy on the edges, soft on the inside, flavors of lemon, coconut and butter...mmm mmm!