Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have had this clipped recipe for many years. It is so yummy yet easy to make. It is prepared in a tube pan and only has a dusting of powdered sugar for "icing."
- 631.69 ml shredded coconut
- 524.46 g package lemon cake mix
- 106.31 g box instant lemon pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 118.29 ml cream of coconut
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml oil
- 59.14 ml dark rum
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Generously grease 10-inch tube pan and sprinkle bottom with half of the coconut.
- Place remaining coconut on baking sheet and toast until golden, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients except powdered sugar in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat at medium speed 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in toasted coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Place pan on rack and cool completely.
- Remove from pan, invert onto serving plate and sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar.