Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have had this clipped recipe for many years. It is so yummy yet easy to make. It is prepared in a tube pan and only has a dusting of powdered sugar for "icing."
- Preheat oven to 350°F Generously grease 10-inch tube pan and sprinkle bottom with half of the coconut.
- Place remaining coconut on baking sheet and toast until golden, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients except powdered sugar in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat at medium speed 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in toasted coconut.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Place pan on rack and cool completely.
- Remove from pan, invert onto serving plate and sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar.