Recipe by AKPrincess3
These are the easiest! They are the most lemony, moist, and light tasting bars! I am not a cake fan, but they fall somewhere between a cake and a bar. And who doesn't love cream cheese frosting!
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1 (22 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 1 cup shredded coconut (finely shredded)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon zest, optional for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bar: In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling, and coconut. Stir until thoroughly mixed (do not add liquid, will be thick). Spread this mixture in a 10x15 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Combine all ingredients until well blended. Frost the bars. Garnish with zest. You may not need all of the frosting. Cover and refrigerate overnight for better flavoring.