Recipe by Mary Scheffert
If you like lemon, you'll love these!
Top Review by MizzNezz
SO GOOD!!! I love lemon and these are truly packed with lemon flavor. The coconut adds a nice touch, I really liked it in these bars. I used the lemon concentrate, it worked great. SO easy to make!! Done in about 35 minutes. I will keep this one in my tried and true file!! Thanks Mary!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold margarine
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice concentrate (such as ReaLemon)
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour& powdered sugar; cut in margarine with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared 13x9 pan & bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, baking powder & lemon juice.
- Pour over crust and top with coconut.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely & cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
- NOTE: For plain lemon bars, omit coconut & add 3 Tbsp flour to egg mixture, and proceed as above.