Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These make a yummy dessert. This recipe can easily be cut in half and baked in an 8-inch square pan.
- 3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 cups sugar, DIVIDED
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup ONLY of the sugar, the butter and lemon peel until well blended. Press firmly into a 13" x 9" baking pan. Bake at 350 for minutes; remove from oven and set aside.
- Beat eggs and remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar in small bowl with wire whisk until thickened and well blended. Add lemon juice, flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Pour over crust; sprinkle coconut over top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is set and top is lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Cut into squares to serve. Store leftovers in refrigerator.