Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I've found several recipes on Zaar for a Lemon Cloud using lemon curd, but none like this. The crust is a chocolate-cereal crust I really like using for other pies too. The filling is a new one on me since lemon curd is typically English. I had to try it when I found this recipe in a magazine in the doctor's office. Really creamy and yummy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate-flavor crisp rice cereal (Coco Krispies)
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup regular chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup prepared lemon curd
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mixed berry
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat, stir together butter and mini-marshmallows for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in coconut, cereal, and chocolate chips until melted and press into the pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing the rest of the pie.
- In a bowl, gently fold the the lemon curd and 3 cups of the Cool Whip. Spoon into the chilled crust. Chill the pie for at least 30 minutes or until serving.
- When serving, pile the remaining Cool Whip in the center of the pie and make a small well in the center. Spoon the fruit into the well. Drizzle with chocolate, if desired.