Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very light dish and makes your house smell wonderful. I found this on another site and make it often. I serve this over rice and add asparagus to the meal.
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- In a shallow dish combine lemon juice, cinnamon, and 2 tsp olive oil.
- Add chicken to mixture to coat.
- Brown chicken in skillet over med-high heat (approx 3 min per side) Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add shallots and olive oil to skillet, cook stirring 2 minute Add chicken broth and bring to a boil, cook for 5 minute Add chicken back to skillet, then add all remaining mixture used to coat chicken.
- Reduce to Med-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once finished remove chicken and add cornstarch or arrowroot powder to thicken sauce.
- Serve over rice and add vegetable.
I thought I reviewed this already, so sorry for the late review. :) I made this months ago. Lemon and cinnamon are both flavors I enjoy and I eat a lot of boneless/skinless chicken breasts so when I found this recipe I thought it would make a nice change/variation. I followed the recipe exactly, except I didn't have shallots so I used sweet onions. I was only cooking for 2, so I had 2 breasts but kept the rest of the ingredients the same amt. This did make my apartment smell really lovely but the flavor of this dish was so mild as to be a bit boring. My bf wasn't very impressed, either. I did atually think the flavors went really well together and the chicken was moist and tender and the sauce was good, just not enough flavor. Thanks for sharing, Renea', but I prob won't make this again, but I'm going to keep it around just in case. I wonder how this migh twork if I marinated the chicken first?