Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a zesty, fresh-tasting dip; perfect for Superbowl Sunday, or any party occasion or potluck! I used leftover peel-and-eat shrimp, but thawed cooked shrimp would be fine. The cream cheese neutralizes a lot of the pepper, making a mildly spicy dip.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1⁄2 large lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel cooked shrimp, if necessary.
- Chop shrimp into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve with good sourdough bread for spreading.