Doc's Mom's Note:
The light, nutty flavor of tahini, an essential ingredient in hummus, pairs perfectly with rich roasted eggplant in this delicious Mediterranean dip. From Good Housekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Line a 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan with nonstick foil (or use regular foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray).
- 3Place eggplant halves, skin-sides up, in foil-lined pan.
- 4Wrap garlic in foil and place in pan with eggplants.
- 5Roast vegetables 45 to 50 minutes or until eggplants are very tender and skin is shriveled and browned.
- 6Unwrap garlic.
- 7Cool eggplants and garlic until easy to handle.
- 8When cool, scoop eggplants' flesh into food processor with knife blade attached.
- 9Squeeze out garlic pulp from each clove and add to food processor with tahini, lemon juice, and 3/4 teaspoon salt; pulse to coarsely chop.
- 10Spoon dip into serving bowl; stir in cilantro.
- 11Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 12Serve dip with pita and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cilantro Eggplant Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1021 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g