Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From CD Kitchen. Love lemon... love chocolate - can't wait to try!! :)
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain buttermilk or 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Finely grate lemon peel, avoiding pith.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in baking soda and grated peel. Fold in half the flour, then half the buttermilk. Repeat. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Brush lemon juice over hot muffins until used up. Sprinkle with sugar. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pans.
You have to try it. :P I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. I used plain yogurt. I used vegetable oil instead of butter. Lemon and chocolate, it's perfect together. Orange also would be good :P Thanks Redsie :) Made for Photo tag game.