Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from a low fat, low cal cookbook. Its very yummy. I listed whole fat items but you can use the low fat if you wish.
- 6 ounces fettuccine
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile mix together remaining ingredients.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Serve at once.
I made this last night with some youth for an "Iron Chef" competition (lemons were the secret ingredient). We ended up adding about a half stick more butter that we browned, garlic salt, herbs de Provence, and lots of parmesan cheese. It won (along with a frozen strawberry lemonade).
What a glorious way to showcase a fine imported pasta. A summertime treat that is sure to appear on my table again and again. Easy and fast, it's simplicity belies it's perfection.
I'm sorry, but we just did not like this...not a single person would eat it. The flavors were too strong and tangy and didn't seem to meld very well...