Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This meat and poultry rub is perfect for almost any simple Mexican dish, (tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, etc...) It's great on beef and pork when slipped between the folds of a warm tortilla, or when rubbed on a chicken for roasting. This is my own recipe that I tried on my family and some friends last night. They said they liked it so I hope you do to! *Tip: When using beef, apply the rub first, and then pound with a meat hammer for tender meat.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lemon
- 2 lemons
- Mix dry ingredients (Chili Powder, Coriander Seed, Garlic Powder, 1 teaspoons Salt only, and Black Pepper) in small bowl.
- Juice one lemon and add the juice to the dry mix.
- Stir mix completely.
- Rub the mix on meat or poultry until completely covered.
- Using a shaker, sprinkle the 2 tablespoons salt over meat or poultry.
- While cooking, use the last two lemons by squeezing them over the cooking meat or poultry to keep it from drying out.
- Serve however you wish!