Recipe by Miss Alice
This meat and poultry rub is perfect for almost any simple Mexican dish, (tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, etc...) It's great on beef and pork when slipped between the folds of a warm tortilla, or when rubbed on a chicken for roasting. This is my own recipe that I tried on my family and some friends last night. They said they liked it so I hope you do to! *Tip: When using beef, apply the rub first, and then pound with a meat hammer for tender meat.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lemon
- 2 lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients (Chili Powder, Coriander Seed, Garlic Powder, 1 teaspoons Salt only, and Black Pepper) in small bowl.
- Juice one lemon and add the juice to the dry mix.
- Stir mix completely.
- Rub the mix on meat or poultry until completely covered.
- Using a shaker, sprinkle the 2 tablespoons salt over meat or poultry.
- While cooking, use the last two lemons by squeezing them over the cooking meat or poultry to keep it from drying out.
- Serve however you wish!