Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe adapted from the Curves cookbook. Delicious and a bit more fattening.
- 150 g dried spaghetti
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- yellow squash, 5 small
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- black pepper
- 500 g chicken tenderloin (or pork, turkey or veal)
- 200 ml double cream
- olive oil (for cooking)
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook pasta until aldente. Drain then set aside.
- Heat oil and add garlic and chili and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken and lemon juice.
- Cook chicken until mostly done, then remove chicken into a bowl.
- Cook chosen veg until mostly done.
- Return spagetti and chicken to the pan, add cream until all ingredients warmed through.
- Serve, topped with parmesan to taste.
- Use whatever fresh garden produce you have to enhance this dish.
This was really good. My squash was bad so I used some zucchini, red bell pepper and broccoli. Loved the sauce and the chili flakes really added a nice flavor. Thanks The Normans for sharing a simple and delicious recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.