Recipe by Melanie Murray
Don't try if you don't like lemon. WOOO HOOOO this is lemony and delicious. The graham cracker taste of the crust just compliments all the lemon flavor. I find that refrigerating overnight gives all the ingredients time to really have that taste a "chiffon" pie such as this should have. I got this recipe out of my Jello Brand Recipe Book years ago. Been making it ever since then. Hope you enjoy. :)
Top Review by doobwa2
I made this recipe for my family on Easter and everyone thought it was wonderful. It is the easiest pie I think I have ever made, the hardest part was making the graham cracker crust instead of buying one. I also made it with sugar-free jello for my diabetic husband and he thought it was Heaven on earth.
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- ice cube
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) prepared graham cracker crumb crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in lemon peel and juice.
- Mix cold water and ice to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Add to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove any remaining ice.
- Stir in whipped topping with wire whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound.
- Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight until firm.