Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great summer dessert that will save on fat, sugar and guilt! I prefer to make the filling alone and have it as a light chiffon pudding in small glasses.
- 236.59 ml fat-free evaporated milk (250 mL)
- 7 g envelopeunflavoured gelatin
- 118.29 ml water (125 mL)
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice (45 mL)
- 177.44 ml Splenda sugar substitute (180 mL)
- 3.69 ml grated lemon rind (4 mL)
- 1.23 ml lemon extract (1 mL) (optional)
- 9 inch graham cracker crust (23 cm) (optional)
- Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in Splenda and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
- Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined.
- Do not over beat.
- Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill 1 hour or until set.
Love at first bite. What a fantastic light summer dessert. Made as a light chiffon in a glass. This is so light and fluffy, it is like eating a lemon cloud. Add to my favorites book.
I made this today. I reduced the Splenda by 1/4 cup. I also, added more lemon zest. I made it into a pie using a graham cracker crumb base that I made myself. It was excellent. A very light, finish to our evening meal. Thanks for sharing. this fits in well with the Low Carbing that I am doing.
Yum. This is delicious, tart with just the right amount of sweetness. It would be excellent using sugar if you're not diabetic or dieting. I used the optional lemon extract but not the graham cracker crust to keep the calories down. The ingredients in this recipe, except for the crust, all fall within Weight Watchers Core category. Thanks for posting.