1/1 Photo of Lemon Chiffon Pie, Diabetic
A great summer dessert that will save on fat, sugar and guilt! I prefer to make the filling alone and have it as a light chiffon pudding in small glasses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk (250 mL)
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup water (125 mL)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (45 mL)
- 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (180 mL)
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind (4 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (1 mL) (optional)
- 9 inches graham cracker crust (23 cm) (optional)
- 1Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
- 2Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- 3Stir in Splenda and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- 4Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
- 5Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- 6Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined.
- 7Do not over beat.
- 8Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill 1 hour or until set.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chiffon Pie, Diabetic
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 38.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g