Recipe by Annacia
A great summer dessert that will save on fat, sugar and guilt! I prefer to make the filling alone and have it as a light chiffon pudding in small glasses.
Top Review by Debbwl
Love at first bite. What a fantastic light summer dessert. Made as a light chiffon in a glass. This is so light and fluffy, it is like eating a lemon cloud. Add to my favorites book.
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk (250 mL)
- 1 (7 g) envelopeunflavoured gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water (125 mL)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (45 mL)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (180 mL)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon rind (4 mL)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract (1 mL) (optional)
- 9 inches graham cracker crust (23 cm) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in Splenda and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves.
- Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
- Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined.
- Do not over beat.
- Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill 1 hour or until set.