Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I found this on another website. It sounds good and I can't wait to make it. You can also use a store bought angel food cake, if you don't want to take the time to make one.
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Bake and cool cake as directed.
- Combine boiling water and gelatin in a large bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate 15 minutes, or until gelatin is thick, but not set.
- Add enough cold water to lemonade concentrate to measure 2 cups. Stir into gelatin. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat whipping cream in a chilled medium bowl on high until stiff. Fold into gelatin mixture.
- Tear cake into about 1-inch pieces. Fold cake into gelatin mixture. Spread in an ungreased 9"x13" dish.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours until firm, but no longer than 24 hours. Cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
I found the texture mushy and unpleasant on the tongue and the lemon gelatin a little too dominating.
Easy to make, tastes deliciously lemony....but is rather plain to look at--I need help with presentation!