1/2 Photos of Lemon Chiffon Cake
1 hr 10 mins
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Yield 15 servings Diabetic recipe from the SPLENDA company. Nutritional Information, per serving: Energy: 151 calories; Protein: 3.5 g; Fat: 8.1 g; Carbohydrates: 15.9g. Per serving with glaze: Energy: 167 calories; Protein: 3.5 g; Carbohydrates: 20.0 g. Preparation time does not include 45 minutes cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake-and-pastry flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1In a bowl, sift together flour, SPLENDA, baking powder and salt.
- 2Make a well in centre of flour mixture.
- 3Add ingredients to well in the following order: oil, egg yolks, water, lemon rind and juice.
- 4Beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 5Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until very stiff peaks form.
- 6Add batter and fold in gently.
- 7Pour into ungreased 10-inch (25 cm) tube pan or non-stick Bundt pan.
- 8Bake at 325F (160C) for about 50 minutes.
- 9Invert pan and cool for 45 minutes.
- 10Gently loosen cake from pan.
- 11LEMON GLAZE: Mix 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar and about 1 Tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice, until smooth Drizzle over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chiffon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 258.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g