1 hr 30 mins
Poohbear Pam's Note:
This is a light, lemony cake which I love to make for birthdays. An instant favorite!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of (about 1 lemon)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 1/2 cups lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 8 slices lemons
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2(175 degrees C).
- 3In a large bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- 4Add oil, egg yolks, water and lemon zest.
- 5Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- 6In a small bowl, beat egg whits and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- 7Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, and beat until very stiff and shiny peaks form.
- 8Fold 1/2 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- 9Turn batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11Invert cake and cool completely in pan.
- 12When cool, loosen edges and shake pan to remove cake.
- 13To make filling: Fold Cool Whip into prepared lemon filling.
- 14Chill until stiff.
- 15To assemble cake: Slice cake horizontally into 3 equal layers.
- 16Fill layers with 1/2 cup of filling.
- 17Spread remaining filling on outside of cake.
- 18Decorate with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chiffon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 277.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling