Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious light lemon cake... great with raspberry mousse.. Excellent for decorating
- 150 g cake flour
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 large egg yolks
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 5 large egg whites
- 150 g granulated sugar
- Prepare two 6 in roundcake pans or one 9 in round cake pan by greasing ONLY THE BOTTOM!
- Sift together the cake flour, 60 grams of sugar, and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg yolks, oil, lemon juice, and zest. Thoroughly mix batter making sure it is free of lumps before adding the meringue.
- Prepare and italian meringue with the egg whites and the 150 grams of sugar, whipping the meringue until its firm, but not stiff or dry.
- While the meringue is slightly warm fold it into batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans and bake the cake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until browned and the cakes spring bake to the touch.
- Cool completly in the pans before unmolding.
Good flavor, but not baking in a tube pan is a big mistake. The whole center was raw. Do not recommend baking this at all.