Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A delicious and protein rich vegetarian burger substitute - and easy to boot! This one comes from www.inspired.ca.
- 540 ml can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 78.07 ml red onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml coriander, ground
- 7.39 ml salt
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 59.14 ml rolled oats
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until well combined and fairly smooth. Shape mixture into 4 equal-sized patties. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Grill patties with lid closed for 8 to 10 min., flipping once.
Loved these little gems. Will make a sauce to go over them as we didn't have them in a bun. Loved the lemon flavor, so light and yummy.
This is a pretty tasty meatless burger! I don't care for onion so left it out, otherwise made as directed. I did process until smooth and I think maybe I will leave the mixture a little chunkier next time. It held together nicely on the grill (charcoal) and that added a great flavor; I think I'd like to try it pan-fried sometime too for a little moister crunch on the outside. All in all a tasty burger that we enjoyed with dijon mustard, lettuce and tomato - thanks for sharing the recipe!