A delicious and protein rich vegetarian burger substitute - and easy to boot! This one comes from www.inspired.ca.
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until well combined and fairly smooth. Shape mixture into 4 equal-sized patties. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Grill patties with lid closed for 8 to 10 min., flipping once.