Dr Madgirl's Note:
Southern version of chicken piccata. This mixes some of our family traditions and is always enjoyed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- 2lightly coat the chicken with this mixture. Save the remainer of this mixture for later.
- 3In large skillen, warm 1 Tbs of the oil over medium heat.
- 4Add the chicken and brown on one side, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the remaining oil, turn the chicken and brown the other side.
- 6Coarsely chop the onion, add the butter to the skillet, melt, then add the onion.
- 7Stir in the remaining flour mixture, cook and strir until flour is completely incorporated.
- 8Add the broth and 2 Tbs of the lemon juice and the thyme.
- 9Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 10Return chicken to the skillet, reduct heat, to low and cover.
- 11Cook until chicken is completely done.
- 12Stir the remaining lemon juice to the sauce in the skillet and pour over the chicken.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken With Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 592.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 22.7 g