Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
OMAC from Real Simple.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, plus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- Mix the flour, cumin, zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper on a flat plate. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken in 2 batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Heat the remaining oil. Add the shallots and cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the olives, parsley, lemon juice, and wine and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, nestling it in the olives and shallots.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide among individual plates, spooning the olives, shallots, and any sauce over the top.