This in another one of those recipes that I thought sounded like something that I may want to try. Until I get around to it maybe someone else will! From a 1989 school cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and skimmed
- 2 teaspoons white wine or 2 teaspoons vermouth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parmesan cheese
- 1Pound chicken breasts until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Salt and pepper them on both sides, then set aside.
- 3Prepare vegetables.
- 4Peel carrots and parsnips.
- 5Cut into matchsticks about 1 1/2 inches long.
- 6Wash zucchini and/or squash.
- 7Trim ends and cut into matchsticks like carrots.
- 8Melt butter in a large skillet.
- 9Saute shallot until tender.
- 10Add carrots and parsnips and stir fy until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 11Add zucchini/squash and cook additional 3 minutes.
- 12Do not overcook.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Place in casserole and keep warm.
- 15Saute chicken in skillet in butter, 5-8 minutes turning occasionally until no longer pink.
- 16Remove chicken only from skillet and place in casserole on top of vegetables.
- 17Mix wine, lemon peel and juice and add to butter in the skillet.
- 18Remove pan from heat.
- 19SLOWLY add cream so it does not curdle.
- 20Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- 21Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 22Broil 2 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken With Matchstick Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.5
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 180.7 mg
- Sodium 340.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: